|Home | Audio Magazine | Stereo Review magazine | Good Sound | Troubleshooting|
This guide was inspired by our passion to tell everyone who loves music that the listening experience can be more engaging, involving, and pleasurable through a high-performance audio system. It’s a well-kept secret to the general public that there’s a whole category of audio equipment that can reproduce music with a depth, intensity, and listener involvement that mass-market audio products don’t begin to match. It remains a secret because the high-end audio industry, to its detriment, has focused on the hard-core audio enthusiasts rather than appealing to a broader audience of listeners Who simply love music and want to hear it reproduced with the highest fidelity.
Our goal for this guide is to make high-performance audio easily understandable and accessible to anyone who enjoys music.
We approached this task with some fundamental beliefs:
1) Music is vitally important to the quality of our lives.
2) An audio system is a vehicle for exploring the world of music.
3) The better the quality of the reproduction, the deeper the listener’s connection with the music.
4) Anyone can appreciate the difference between mediocre and superb sound reproduction.
5) A true high-end system can be assembled for not much more—and often less—than a mass-market system.
6) High-end audio should be accessible to anyone who loves music, not just technophiles or the wealthy.